Innovation is key to improve business performance, to increase efficiency and enhance sustainability of the processing activity.
Innovation can take place at the level of:
- raw materials (crop varieties with specific characteristics)
- logistics (efficiency gains throughout supply chains)
- processes (enhancing efficiency and reducing costs or improving product quality)
- products (responding to specific customer of consumer requirements)
- new outlets or markets (technical applications, bio-based products)
The launch of the Lead Market Initiative in 2007 has put focus on two markets out of six, which are of particular interest to us: bio-based products and renewable energy. The mid-term report issued in November 2009 focused measure to promote the market introduction of innovative on bio-based products. A series of action have been identified and proposed with regard to bio-lubricants.