Code of Conduct
FEDIOL has been among the first signatories of the EU Code of Conduct on Responsible Food Business and Marketing Practices which entered into force on 5 July 2021.
This Code is one of the first deliverables of the Farm to Fork Strategy and an integral part of its action plan. It sets out the actions that actors in the food chain can voluntarily commit to undertake to improve and communicate their sustainability performance.
In its letter of commitment, FEDIOL endorsed four of the seven Code’s aspirational objectives, because they are applicable and relevant for our sector:
- Aspirational objective #1: Healthy, balanced and sustainable diets for all European consumers, thereby contributing to
- Reversing malnutrition and diet-related non communicable diseases (NCDs) in the EU
- Reducing the environmental footprint of food consumption by 2030
- Aspirational objective #3 : A climate neutral food chain in europe by 2050
- Aspirational objective #4: An optimised circular & resource-efficient food chain
- Aspirational objective #7: Sustainable sourcing in food supply chains
Having signed the Code of Conduct on responsible business and marketing practices, FEDIOL, together with the experts in its working groups, considered how to live up to these responsibilities. Upon request by the FEDIOL Board, specific actions were identified which led to the elaboration of an action plan endorsed in November 2021 and since then in the process of implementation with the following workstreams: